Please fill out the application below to be considered for FREE CNA training and Job placement with Lifespan Hospitals.
- Rhode Island Hospital
- The Miriam Hospital
- Newport Hospital
CNA Job Opportunity details – Lifespan Hospitals
Lifespan, the largest health care system in Rhode Island has partnered with American Safety to offer a free Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) class. As a CNA you are responsible for completing activities of daily living. A few tasks include: bathing, feeding, blood pressure reading and assistance with using the bathroom.
We are looking to start our next CNA class on March 9th. This class is free and at no cost to you. The class will be a total of 10 weeks.
- 8 weeks of lecture and in person lab Monday-Thursday from 9am-1pm
- Friday Workshops 8:30am-3:00pm designed to provide a solid foundation to kickstart your career at Lifespan. (Dates to be determined.)
- 40 hours of clinical at American Safety
- Weeks 10 and 11 are a 32 hour a week upaid internship at lifespan from 7am to 3pm.
The expectation is that you work for a Lifespan Hospital (RI Hospital, Miriam, or Newport) at the end of the training for at least one year.
- The shifts available include full or part time either second or third shift.
- The starting rate is $15.00-$16.00 per hour with shift differential for weekends and holidays.
- Competitive healthcare benefits and 401K
The requirements for the class include:
- Must be 18 or over and have a high school diploma or GED
- RI resident
- Provide Immunization records
- Mandatory flu vaccine (required for Lifespan)
- Hepatitis B
- Fluent in English
- Valid driver’s License or ID
- Pass a background check
This is an opportunity to kick start your healthcare career at Lifespan and obtain the clinical and professional skills necessary for success! If you are interested, please fill out the form above!